Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock coil is an excellent coil and can be used in most conditions and locations. Additonal coils depend on what type of hunting you are doing, how trashy the area is and how much mineralization in present. Can you give us more information.

You might also root around www.dfxonly.com for information.

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
jman of ny said:
is there anyone out there who can help me choose what search coils work best ?,ive got a dfx with the original coil.
I had a MXT and did some park/ woods hunting with it but mostly beach hunted with it and switched out the stock coil for the 6x10" DD coil. This handled the wet sand much better than the stock. You sacrifice some depth but you gain better seperation of targets and are able to work salt water areas better. If you get one make sure and put some tape around where the coil cover and coil meet at the top so no sand gets in. This was one of the toughest coil covers to remove that I can remember of any detector I had.
I also had the smaller DD coil but dont remember the size of it, that was a nice coil also for trashy areas. I think they are called Eclipse coils, made by Whites.

HH
Neil

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DFX COIL'S

I USE THE NEW SUPER 12 ON MY BEACH HUNTER ID...IT'S THE SAME DETECTOR AS THE DFX, JUST WATER PROOF...THIS COIL IS.. SO FAR GREAT!! THE STOCK 950 WAS ALSO A VERY GOOD COIL....BUT FOR THE BEACH WHERE TARGETS CAN BE REALLY DEEP...THE 12" OR EVEN 15" COIL MAY BE THE BEST CHOICE..I HAVE FOUND THE SUPER 12 ALSO IS GREAT ON LITTLE ITEMS...SOME TIMES BIGGER COILS WON'T PICK UP TINY STUFF AS WELL AS THE SMALLER COILS LIKE THE 950. I HOPE WHAT EVER YOU CHOOSE WORKS FOR YOU...GOOD LUCK!! LET US KNOW YOUR CHOICE AND RESULTS! OH YA LARGER COIL WILL HELP YOU COVER MORE GROUND IN LESS TIME...A BIG PLUS ON A BEACH!!

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Re: DFX COIL'S

BEACH-HUNTER said:
I USE THE NEW SUPER 12 ON MY BEACH HUNTER ID...IT'S THE SAME DETECTOR AS THE DFX, JUST WATER PROOF...THIS COIL IS.. SO FAR GREAT!! THE STOCK 950 WAS ALSO A VERY GOOD COIL....BUT FOR THE BEACH WHERE TARGETS CAN BE REALLY DEEP...THE 12" OR EVEN 15" COIL MAY BE THE BEST CHOICE..I HAVE FOUND THE SUPER 12 ALSO IS GREAT ON LITTLE ITEMS...SOME TIMES BIGGER COILS WON'T PICK UP TINY STUFF AS WELL AS THE SMALLER COILS LIKE THE 950. I HOPE WHAT EVER YOU CHOOSE WORKS FOR YOU...GOOD LUCK!! LET US KNOW YOUR CHOICE AND RESULTS! OH YA LARGER COIL WILL HELP YOU COVER MORE GROUND IN LESS TIME...A BIG PLUS ON A BEACH!!
Hi BEACHHUNTER. That's my problem-Targets can be really deep at the beach. I'm running the stock 950. (on an M6) I am thinking of getting a better coil. Why did you go with the Super 12 over a DD coil? I thought the DD coils were the best for the beach because they cancel mineralization better, and handle wet salt sand better? Thanks, HH

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
HEY BEACH HUNTER I AM ALSO LOOKING TO BUY THE SUPER 12
I NEED TO GET THOSE COINS THAT ARE 6- 10 INCHES IN OHIO FRONT YARDS
ANY TIPS
HOW DEEP COULD YOU PICK OUT AN INDIAN HEAD IN BLACK DIRT WITH GRASS
IM TOPPING OUT AT ABOUT 6 INCHES
MAKES ME REALLY WONDER WHEN I DROP A PENNY IN A 7 INCH HOLE AND GET NO RESPONSE
SCOTT

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
I hunt with a friend who has a DFX and uses the super 12 all the time. I use an M6 with the 6x10 DD. When we hunt together in low trash areas he will beat me on depth every time. However in trashy areas I can run my senc. higher and get more depth and better separation. It's kinda tit for tat. The super 12 will surly cover more ground but the separation in high trash of the 6x10 kinda balances them out.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the super 12 also better than the original coil.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I consistently dig coins deeper than 6" with the Super12 on my M6 (in my mild sandy loam here)..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread