Steve L.
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2008
- Messages
- 407
- Reaction score
- 23
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vienna, ME
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
The four boxes of Halves I pick up this week gave up a good mix of 90 and 40%. Last week's results were pretty good, 7x 90% and 25x 40% -- just over 6 troy ounces of silver. This week the ratios were really good -- 6x 90% and 10x 40% for a silver weight of 3.64 troy ounces. Not as productive, but still quite good. I was able to add to my Ben collection and I thought the mix of 90% coins made it a fun set of boxes to work.
The break-down followed by pics.
Box 1: 2x 90% (a 1962-D Ben and a 1964 Kennedy); and 5x 40% (1x 1966, 3x 1967, and 1x 1969-D).
Box 2: 3x 90% (1x 1942, 1x 1954-S, and 1x 1964); and 1x 40% (a 1966).
Box 3: Skunk.

Box 4: 1x 90% (a 1953 Ben); and 4x 40% (one each 1965, 1966, 1968-D, and 1969-D).
The Ben's were my first in about a month. I was happy to see them. Two filled holes in my Franklin collection book, and the other up-graded a more beat-up coin -- Especially nice!
Merry Christmas
and a happy and peaceful Holiday Season to all.

Happy hunting.
Steve
The four boxes of Halves I pick up this week gave up a good mix of 90 and 40%. Last week's results were pretty good, 7x 90% and 25x 40% -- just over 6 troy ounces of silver. This week the ratios were really good -- 6x 90% and 10x 40% for a silver weight of 3.64 troy ounces. Not as productive, but still quite good. I was able to add to my Ben collection and I thought the mix of 90% coins made it a fun set of boxes to work.
The break-down followed by pics.
Box 1: 2x 90% (a 1962-D Ben and a 1964 Kennedy); and 5x 40% (1x 1966, 3x 1967, and 1x 1969-D).
Box 2: 3x 90% (1x 1942, 1x 1954-S, and 1x 1964); and 1x 40% (a 1966).
Box 3: Skunk.
Box 4: 1x 90% (a 1953 Ben); and 4x 40% (one each 1965, 1966, 1968-D, and 1969-D).
The Ben's were my first in about a month. I was happy to see them. Two filled holes in my Franklin collection book, and the other up-graded a more beat-up coin -- Especially nice!
Merry Christmas

Happy hunting.
Steve
Attachments
Upvote
0









