What's new

Christmas Ornament???

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
But it only measures 1 inch long at the ball part,, Kinda small :dontknow: :dontknow:
Looks like it was Silver plated once.
Thanks for the help :notworthy:

Tim
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 479
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    21 KB · Views: 464
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 472
Hmmm...........possibly a ball float from a miniature Victorian toilet? :icon_scratch:

The water closets were fairly small in olden days, so they apparently made tiny toilets.

:icon_jokercolor:

CC Hunter
 
Upvote 0
Maybe it's a bead to a fringe from a curtain or some thing :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
CC Hunter said:
Hmmm...........possibly a ball float from a miniature Victorian toilet? :icon_scratch:

The water closets were fairly small in olden days, so they apparently made tiny toilets.

:icon_jokercolor:

CC Hunter
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
A mesh fireplace curtain pull :icon_scratch:.

Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
It looks to be a bead for a necklace, bracelet, or the likes. Neat find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
It looks to be a bead for a necklace, bracelet, or the likes. Neat find, Breezie
I'm with Breezie - I was thinking maybe earring? But definitely a bead.
 
Upvote 0
Mongolian fishing weight .....

I added Mongolian so it would sound good...


More likely some type of counter weight for measuring on a small scale basis...
the hanger is not designed to prevent this from coming off fast ...
So not a fishing weight...
obviously molded from 2 halves in a modern mass produced way, probably from the 1940's -1950's
time period..
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
It looks to be a bead for a necklace, bracelet, or the likes. Neat find, Breezie

On target again, Breezie! :thumbsup:

{How does she do it?}

Best,
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Hey Tim, Hang that sucker on your tree. :laughing9:

Merry Christmas!
 
Upvote 0
AU24K said:
Breezie said:
It looks to be a bead for a necklace, bracelet, or the likes. Neat find, Breezie

On target again, Breezie! :thumbsup:

{How does she do it?}

Best,
Scott

I'll tell ya how, she's a cheater! She has that book "Metal Detected Finds ID Guide for T-Net" written by I.M. Wright ;D
 
Upvote 0
lennon631 said:
AU24K said:
Breezie said:
It looks to be a bead for a necklace, bracelet, or the likes. Neat find, Breezie

On target again, Breezie! :thumbsup:

{How does she do it?}

Best,
Scott

I'll tell ya how, she's a cheater! She has that book "Metal Detected Finds ID Guide for T-Net" written by I.M. Wright ;D

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Scott
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Hey Tim, Hang that sucker on your tree. :laughing9:

Merry Christmas!
Hey Rick, my tree is pretty small this year, it would fit right in,
Good idea :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Tim
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
Does it unscrew or unhinge at the seam lines?
No it doesn't..
Something else,, I put it in water and it sank.
No air bubbles came out either.
I expected to see air bubbles to come out where the pin goes through :dontknow:
It's not as light in weight as it looks :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:


Tim
 
Upvote 0
AU24K said:
Breezie said:
It looks to be a bead for a necklace, bracelet, or the likes. Neat find, Breezie

On target again, Breezie! :thumbsup:

{How does she do it?}

Best,
Scott

Thanks Scott for the kudos, but to answer your question, I guess at my age, I've already seen right many of these digs! :laughing7: To quote Mae West: A woman who will tell her age, will tell anything!
 
Upvote 0
Breezie I had to start stating that my ID of specific objects was just a guess. For a while there everyone thought I was nuts. Hmmmmm, I guess I am a little nuts, but I am right about .004 percent of the time! That's about 4 out of every thousand guesses I think? Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom