dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone,

I went to a park back home in Vt yesterday and found this little piece. As stated in the title, this little guy came up as 11-32 on my E-trac. Thought I was digging another pulltab from the park, but this came out instead. Looked silver at first, but now I'm not sure. It's got some staining, so I'm guessing not. I'll test it when I get back home from vacation, but for now I'm more concerned with what it might be. My only guess was an old cigar band possibly. Does anyone else recognize it? This park has been around since the late 1700's when the city was founded. It's only about the size of half a football field, but it's seen a lot of people over the years. Any help would be appreciated. Please help!!!

Thank you!

-Nate

Attachments

• whatsit1.jpg
    whatsit1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 94
  • whatsit2.jpg
    whatsit2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 82

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Looks like a kid's adjustable ring . Probably aluminum and either a vintage Cracker Jack toy or a cheap game prize from a Carnival . IMHO , Woodstock

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Think it may be off a metal cigar tube(wrapped around and decorative. Have seen similar on really high end cigars...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think it may be off a metal cigar tube(wrapped around and decorative. Have seen similar on really high end cigars...

I was thinking the same, but junk kids ring came to mind as well. It just didn't scream ring though, so that's why I was leaning toward cigar band. I don't smoke 'em so it was just a guess.

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a kids ring. The adjustable finger for the band and the cheaply stamped image on the top. Probably a higher-end kids ring because it looks more robust than many of them and it may be plated over brass or copper.

Upvote 0

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NIce! could be cigar band for sure.I found one last week 1850's homesite. mine is wider at the ends than yours is, and the design is simpler. I wonder if theres a site that shows many examples to compare and possibly ID?

Upvote 0

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about you guys, but I've smoked my fair share of cigars, maybe more. The only one that had a metal band, as far as I'm aware, is Macanudo, and that, recently and problematically. Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997 | The Velvet Cigar

DSCN0179.JPG

Metal, cheaply made like that, would play havoc with the cigar's wrapper.

All the ones I've smoked, from the two for a nickel variety, on up to the real good ones, had paper bands. Some of them are absolutely beautiful. They are collected, and tell quite a story, but it's a story on paper.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cigar band was just a guess...It very well could be a kids ring, but it's a better quality feel than any kids ring I've ever dug. I dunno.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread