What's new

Cinco Chagas

No, as its the first I've ever heard of it. I Googled it and it seems there are many adding information about it online.
 
This sure sounds like quite a treasure GOOD LUCK :)
 
After finding almost nothing but vague summaries and ‘impossible-to-find’ opinions, I decided to reapproach the Cinco Chagas logically. I compiled historical accounts of the 1594 battle near the Azores, factored in known weather patterns, tidal drift, survivor testimony, and likely hull damage. Using this, I simulated her possible drift path after the explosion and I believe she came to rest in shallower water than commonly assumed. What I lack is the equipment (ROV/sonar) to test the site I’ve pinpointed. I’m not claiming a miracle but this is a well-researched lead, not hearsay.
I’ve also developed a reconstruction of the Flor de la Mar’s final movements based on similar analysis. With all that, I am rather amazed at the lack of interest regarding possibly two of the world's largest lost treasure ships.
Thank you to Tamrock and Gare for replying
 
Great story... Hadn't heard of it before.. :icon_thumright:
I visited the Azores recently and plan to go back next year, i absolutely love it there.. Stayed on the main island Sao Miguel, and Terceira island,, whilst there I made some local friends and I just happened to comment that it just had a feel of Piracy, and fortunes hidden or lost...
Will definitely be looking into this further...
AD
 
Since you have a treasure hunting interest in the Azores, you may find interesting this TreasureNet thread submitted almost 20 years ago. The TH member was also the Conservator who conserved the salvaged coins from the Capitana (1654) that we found in Ecuador in the late 1990's.
Don in SoCal
 
Last edited:
Interesting story ....
Since you have a treasure hunting interest in the Azores, you may find interesting this TreasureNet thread submitted almost 20 years ago. The TH member was also the Conservator who conserved the salvaged coins from the Capitana (1654) that we found in Ecuador in the late 1990's.
Don in SoCal
Only fuels my curiosity !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom