What's new

Circa 1850s Suspender Buckle and some other finds...

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
1
Location
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Circa 1850's Suspender Buckle and some other finds...

I got out to a spot near my house for a little while. In the past it has produced some CW era buttons and a Seated quarter. No such luck today, but at least I had some keepers, including the 1950 quarter, the token and part of a heavy pewter spoon or fork. For me, the best find is the pre-CW era suspender buckle with the heart. I found another similar one at another site back in October.

There is a lot of underbrush at the site, so I hope to get back in the late Fall.
 

Attachments

  • P9010005.webp
    P9010005.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 577
  • P9010010.webp
    P9010010.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 552
  • P9010007.webp
    P9010007.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 584
  • P9010009.webp
    P9010009.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 585
  • P9010013.webp
    P9010013.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 591
Upvote 0
Re: CW Era Suspender Buckle and some other finds...

Nice finds. Thanks for sharing. HH.......
 
Re: CW Era Suspender Buckle and some other finds...

:icon_thumright: wtg nice finds
 
Re: Circa 1850's Suspender Buckle and some other finds...

I noticed some detail and gilt on the buckle, so I decided to try some aluminum jelly on it with some success. Don in SJ had posted this patent in reply to my IOOF suspender buckle post last October. I thought it was 1860's, but it was patented in 1850.
1850 SuspenderBucklePatent.webp
1850 SuspenderBucklePatent.webpP9010005_01.webp
 

Attachments

  • P9010004.webp
    P9010004.webp
    31 KB · Views: 419
Re: Circa 1850's Suspender Buckle and some other finds...

You have some good finds there :icon_thumleft: I love that quarter, token and cub scout slide
 
Re: Circa 1850's Suspender Buckle and some other finds...

Good Finds ! I found a Heart Buckle like that last year but had no idea what it was. Now I know, Thanks :thumbsup:
 
Re: Circa 1850's Suspender Buckle and some other finds...

any bottles Neil? :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom