What's new

Circa 1890s bottles found along river!

farmdump

Full Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
163
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are three hand-blown bottles that I found, one today and the others earlier in the week. The extract and medicine bottle were found in the bank and the Bromo-Seltzer bottle was found on the ground but these have almost certainly been my best finds so far :).

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437773942.103537.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437774160.301406.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437774223.056227.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437774253.825593.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 40
I love them!!! Great finds!!!:icon_thumright:
 
Hey anytime you can make an eyeball find that your detector can't find is a great day! :occasion14:

Congrats,
Dave
 
I love finding old glass and those are some nice looking pieces
 
Thanks! :)
 
Very well preserved bottle finds, congratulations!
 
You keep it up and you are gonna need more window space. Nice bottles.
 
Great bottles, really like the cobalt...you can find bottle brushes online that can help clean up the insides. Good luck finding more!
 
FARMDUMP , NEAT OLE BROMO SELTZER AND BAKER BOTTLES.
 
Thank you, For me though the real prize was finding the bottle at the top which is the "E. Hartshorn & Sons" medicine bottle which, after doing a little research on the company found that it is not a very common medicine compared to the Bromo-Seltzer.
 
Nice ones there. I collect old bottles too, but when I bring e'm home my wife has a fit.
 
cool old botts
 
Hello farmdump. Very nice specimens, those look pretty old, and good job on the pics. Bottles can be tough to photograph. HH C9.
 
Thank you, hoping to go back out tomorrow to try and find some more stuck inside the riverbank because I'm sure that where there's one, there's bound to be more.
 
Last edited:
I love finding bottle dumps...I enjoy digging bottles almost as much as detecting...
 
Great saves on the old glass!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom