Cival war hunt finds

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
It was a 3 day hunt,but i had to work on friday.Then i did go for 4 1/2 hours saturday till a couldnt take sleet and hail anymore.My so called water proof outfit apparently isn't noreaster proof.I went back to the hotel and cranked the heat up.I did manage to find my 1st cw bullet with my new machine finally.Also got a small on but not shore if its period or not.So that made day werth it.Sunday was exact oposite of sat and very nice.I got 9 more mini balls and one brass or copper piece.It has a anchor with rope on it on one side.I am hoping its period and naval.Can anyone confirm this?also got a pece of camp lead and some bits with writting on i cant make out.Proubly junk but you never know.Nailed one mini ball.Need to work on my pinpointing.Dug a few hundred in past but always fun to get one with a new machine.Forgot to mention 1 bullet appears carved.

Attachments

• nov11 001.jpg
    nov11 001.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 794
  • nov11 002.jpg
    nov11 002.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 794
  • nov11.jpg
    nov11.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 667
Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
All the bullets are CW period. Congrats on getting your first and I hope you find many more. The brass piece may be from a knife but I am not sure.
Dman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice lead!!!Not sure about the brass piece,need a better pic if you can get one.The bottom right piece is a part of a key eschution. Nice Dig's :thumbsup:

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Good Job on the Cival War hunt finds, :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread