What's new

Civil war belt buckle fragment?

TheHbeast

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
49
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bavaria
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in a spot I've found civil war relics before. I'm looking into the possibility that its part of a CSA belt buckle, my friend found one around here. From Maryland, path of Gen. Lee up through Virginia. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks! Found a confederate powderflask a few years ago in same spot, see my recents.
Happy hunting.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3037.webp
    IMG_3037.webp
    141.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3036.webp
    IMG_3036.webp
    199.3 KB · Views: 81
It looks like it could round not oval
 
Upvote 0
I would guess a canning jar lid.
 
Upvote 0
I would look more along the lines of possibly a breastplate fragment
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it is either a buckle or a breastplate .. Those rings on the back sorta negate those possibilities.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom