What's new

CIVIL WAR BELT BUCKLE

blackbeard1717

Full Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
173
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searched a friends neighbors property inside of a partially collapsed barn I found this Civil War Belt Buckle I need help on whether or not is a replica or real. Property has been in the family for over a 100 years.
 

Attachments

  • CSA.webp
    CSA.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 156
Are there any marks or writing on the back?
 
post a picture of the back...
 
It is hard to say without seeing the back. If you can get a picture of the back it would be much easier to judge. The hooks are almost a give away as to whether original or not. It appears to be repo but again not 100% sure. The "C" does not look right as I have seen on originals. Here is another good website for fakes Fake buckles
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom