What's new

civil war belt plates or something else?

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a new permission to today for about and hour just to see whats going on there...Its a bed and breakfast. .11acres..The inn was built in 1760s..2nd family since it was built. ..Anyway was just roaming around this field and I got this hit that said it was 6inch down. ..Dug down and it was more like 10...New it was going to be big... this is what I saw.
I could not believe it....I was over the moon
So I slowed down and about 50 feet from there I found this...thought it was the other half but I was wrong...Its the eagle. ..Now I dont know why these would be there...If they are civil war. .I know there was training camps in the area...
Any help with I'd would be great....
I do know there was fighting going on in the revolutionary war...BUT I DONT THINK SO.....Thanks in advance. ..
George. .
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140807_181114.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_181114.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 685
  • ForumRunner_20140807_181348.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_181348.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 547
  • ForumRunner_20140807_181832.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_181832.webp
    63.3 KB · Views: 574
  • ForumRunner_20140807_181852.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_181852.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 615
  • ForumRunner_20140807_181912.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_181912.webp
    86.3 KB · Views: 634
  • ForumRunner_20140807_181932.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_181932.webp
    88.6 KB · Views: 593
  • ForumRunner_20140807_181951.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_181951.webp
    80.7 KB · Views: 579
  • ForumRunner_20140807_182010.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_182010.webp
    52 KB · Views: 605
  • ForumRunner_20140807_182031.webp
    ForumRunner_20140807_182031.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 573
Upvote 120
I missed this one! Very nice!
 
I know...What are we going to do for the next couple months? Work?? Please dont tell me that..lol

Well maybe this would be a good time to work for a couple months. A little research mixed in and we will be digging before you know it :thumbsup:
 
Well maybe this would be a good time to work for a couple months. A little research mixed in and we will be digging before you know it :thumbsup:

Ok.
I guess I'll go to work then..But i dont want to..Just saying. Lol
 
Anything for you Pumpkin! I know it's been awhile since you've had a killer find so I figured this would make you feel good about yourself. Get on that research bro! I expect a few a Banners next season. At least 2.
Well it looks like your wish came true
Thanks my friend, now when the hell you going to get out and pull something Amazing again.
 
P
That is a Waist Belt Plate, 1832 Pattern, Artillery Enlisted, 1832-1839. See page 165 of Michael O'Donnell's "American Military Belt Plates". These two pieces go together, they are not from separate buckles.

That is one heck of a find!!
Thanks to you Steve, these may have never been together!
 
wow dude! that is simply an amazing piece of American history! congrats
 
I saw people bringing up nice stuff from older posts and this one came to mind.Talk about another nice extremely rare piece.
 
what!! Let what go? its a nice piece I thought maybe some people that missed it might want to see it, probably never see another complete one up there again. Take a break
 
I'll give you his cell phone number and you can bash him to his face since he can't defend himself here. God forbid you ever deviate from your self-righteous perfect path in life and you can't defend yourself when somebody digs up your sketchy past.
 
Why so hostile?. I am not bashing anyone. I thought the guy was cool and a hell of a hunter. I never even would have posted on it again if I thought someone would take it that way, I meant no bad intentions, dammit man. There is no doubt in my mind he found this.
 
Last edited:
Haha, I'm not implying that he found it I'm just saying he's not here to defend himself
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom