S soky72 Jr. Member Joined Jan 30, 2011 Messages 32 Reaction score 35 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Kentucky Jul 17, 2018 #1 Anyone know what this heavy brass handle went to. Been told by others they've found them at other civil war camps but don't know what they are? Horse track maybe? Attachments 20180717_092838.webp 193.8 KB · Views: 110 Upvote 0
Anyone know what this heavy brass handle went to. Been told by others they've found them at other civil war camps but don't know what they are? Horse track maybe?
Davers Gold Member Joined Jan 8, 2013 Messages 8,237 Reaction score 7,296 Golden Thread 0 Location N.of , I-285...GA Detector(s) used Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro . Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 17, 2018 #2 Man it's hard to say , could you give a perspective on how big it is " Or a few more pictures with a US, Quarter , Dime , or Nickel.? I think that I see a chewed (by something) bullet down in the right corner. Good Luck getting an ID.
Man it's hard to say , could you give a perspective on how big it is " Or a few more pictures with a US, Quarter , Dime , or Nickel.? I think that I see a chewed (by something) bullet down in the right corner. Good Luck getting an ID.
S soky72 Jr. Member Joined Jan 30, 2011 Messages 32 Reaction score 35 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Kentucky Jul 17, 2018 Thread Owner #3 Yes that's a badly chewed 3 ringer for reference. The brass ring/handle piece is very heavy duty. Would take some real force to twist it. Davers said: Man it's hard to say , could you give a perspective on how big it is " Or a few more pictures with a US, Quarter , Dime , or Nickel.? I think that I see a chewed (by something) bullet down in the right corner. Good Luck getting an ID. Click to expand...
Yes that's a badly chewed 3 ringer for reference. The brass ring/handle piece is very heavy duty. Would take some real force to twist it. Davers said: Man it's hard to say , could you give a perspective on how big it is " Or a few more pictures with a US, Quarter , Dime , or Nickel.? I think that I see a chewed (by something) bullet down in the right corner. Good Luck getting an ID. Click to expand...
Kray Gelder Gold Member Joined Feb 24, 2017 Messages 7,064 Reaction score 12,562 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgetown, SC Detector(s) used Fisher F75 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 17, 2018 #4 Is it large enough to be a handle for a case, or foot locker?