Civil War bullet.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I was digging a rocky area that was exposed during low tide. Digging was difficult. My Whites pulse diver has no discrimination, so I dug a bunch of iron. Then BAM! I dug this civil war minie musket bullet. Made my day. Found about 76 cents in clad. Is an iron relic ever valuable? Once you see an orange streek in the sand, should I stop digging and bury it back up?

Attachments

• IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0
WTG, nice bullet. Well I would dig it up and if it's garbage throw it away. Last month on July 12th I had one heck of a good find. All I could see at first was rust, but pulled out a tin of costume jewelry. You never know what you will find. If it were garbage I would have tossed it in the nearest can. There is no need to return to a site and dig that same bad signal.

Good suggestion Sparta. Ty allen.

Well done Garabaldi :icon_thumleft:
I know what you mean about making your day finding the bullet. You know they can't talk but they can still tell a story. :icon_pirat:

And that's an excellent example - thanks Someguy - for the argument of 'do or don't find out, what it is you have found, when it looks like iron'.

Mike

Ty all. I will start digging all iron again. You convinced me. I used to but have been getting lazy.
G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back