cmthunder Hero Member Joined Mar 20, 2013 Messages 854 Reaction score 2,331 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Minelab Xterra Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 22, 2023 #1 Found this at a Union Civil War camp in Maryland. Can anyone help with id? D-.379 L-.672 Grains-185 Thanks Attachments 2A6D226D-1FF0-4611-A772-481B6B15ACAB.webp 913.8 KB · Views: 51 4CE8B95A-7A16-4315-AEE5-90369891C28C.webp 916 KB · Views: 54 Upvote 2
Found this at a Union Civil War camp in Maryland. Can anyone help with id? D-.379 L-.672 Grains-185 Thanks
CreekSide Gold Member Joined Jan 31, 2023 Messages 5,839 Reaction score 27,019 Golden Thread 0 Apr 23, 2023 #2 I’m not positive but I believe that the base would be indented if it was CW but I’m sure others will know
I’m not positive but I believe that the base would be indented if it was CW but I’m sure others will know
cmthunder Hero Member Joined Mar 20, 2013 Messages 854 Reaction score 2,331 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Minelab Xterra Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 23, 2023 Thread Owner #3 CreekSide said: I’m not positive but I believe that the base would be indented if it was CW but I’m sure others will know Click to expand... No there are plenty of flat base bullets! Minie balls have cone etc
CreekSide said: I’m not positive but I believe that the base would be indented if it was CW but I’m sure others will know Click to expand... No there are plenty of flat base bullets! Minie balls have cone etc
CreekSide Gold Member Joined Jan 31, 2023 Messages 5,839 Reaction score 27,019 Golden Thread 0 Apr 23, 2023 #4 cmthunder said: No there are plenty of flat base bullets! Minie balls have cone etc Click to expand... I see the rings on it. I’m not a bullet expert but maybe someone will see this and respond
cmthunder said: No there are plenty of flat base bullets! Minie balls have cone etc Click to expand... I see the rings on it. I’m not a bullet expert but maybe someone will see this and respond
fyrffytr1 Gold Member Joined Mar 5, 2010 Messages 7,742 Reaction score 12,710 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Georgia Detector(s) used XP Deus, White's DFX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 23, 2023 #5 I have looked through several reference books without luck. I get the feeling it is post civil war and probably from the 20th century.
I have looked through several reference books without luck. I get the feeling it is post civil war and probably from the 20th century.