What's new

✅ SOLVED Civil War camp items...musical instrument reed?

USNFLYR

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2018
Messages
334
Reaction score
476
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5F00076E-F50E-4FBD-B46F-4F95ECED0CEA.webp007ED171-F2D1-4ED7-AC10-BE27F99F40AD.webp9B23A199-226E-438A-94A6-D22C8E2AD0A0.webp

Hello again!

I found these items at a known civil war camp. I already identified the bullets and game piece, but the rectangular brass has me perplexed. It is missing one of the vibrating prongs. I have found harmonica reed remnants before. They are "comb" like and more brittle. This one appears to have been from a different instrument. Is is not broken from a longer piece.

Any ideas?
 
A weird organ reed maybe? Normally i would say squeeze box(accordian) reed, but they have a redd on each side.this one both reeds are on one side it appears.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the reed pictured below. The name associated with the picture is John Smith Busker Organ. John Smith Organs - Busker
So generically it appears to be a organ reed.
 

Attachments

  • John Smith Busker Organ reed.webp
    John Smith Busker Organ reed.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
Thanks....after you and invent4hir weighed in I was able to confirm the reed looks a lot like a "squeezebox" reed. Concertina reed or organ reed. You helped me immensely!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks invent4hir. You solved the riddle!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom