What's new

Civil war canister shot being fired across a field

Wow that was incredible thank you so much for sharing what I only thought it looked like in my head when I found my collection this year from New Orleans Louisiana. Thank you so much
 
Last edited:
Wow! Great post!!:occasion14:
 
Watching a live demonstration some years back they stressed watching the choreography of the guy firing the cannon.
This video does that well too.
He turns away each time in a planned movement....
 
I once found a cannon emplacement where I had studied a diary account of a soldier who said they were being fired on by cannister shot. He said it sounded like wild geese flying over. Anyways I found where the 2 cannons were as I found several large piles of them in holes. No casing though it was weird. Little known battle of Crescent ridge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom