What's new

🥇 BANNER CIVIL WAR DOG TAG!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
2,043
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
1
Location
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I got out of work a little early so I decided to swing by a cellar hole close to home. The only nice thing that came from this site was a pretty Civil War CT seal button. Somethin told me today I better get up there and see what kind of signals I can get with my new machine. And check this out! I thought it was a Condor token, or New Jersey copper at first being that it is the same size as a large copper....but even better! Civil War Dog Tags....Against Rebellion 1861. Using my ancient chinese cleaning secret she polished up pretty good. This is a very exciting find for me....however, I was kind of let down not being able to find a name or initials on the back.....I think they may have been there but I may have destroyed them. This is now one of my all time favorite relics! Thanks for lookin folks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6243_edited-1.webp
    IMG_6243_edited-1.webp
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,892
  • IMG_6244_edited-1.webp
    IMG_6244_edited-1.webp
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,800
  • IMG_6245_edited-1.webp
    IMG_6245_edited-1.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,746
  • IMG_6246_edited-1.webp
    IMG_6246_edited-1.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 2,664
Sniffy.... what a great find! I'm like Jersey Hunter, how did you get it to clean up so well? Tennessee digger
 
Great find...congrats!!
 

Attachments

  • 1381670_1_l.webp
    1381670_1_l.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,914
Very Nice Sniffy, it does indeed look like it has been stamped with initials and a unit but it is too worn to really make it out. Definitely a worthy and desirable piece to any Civil War relic hunters collection.
 
Awesome find! Got my vote!!!
 
Very nice and rare find, congrats! HH, Mike
 
Wow, great find, I'm voting banner as well.
 
That is unique and awesome find !
 
very nice find :headbang:
 
tennessee digger said:
Sniffy.... what a great find! I'm like Jersey Hunter, how did you get it to clean up so well? Tennessee digger
IT's not that much of a secret....I used hydrogen peroxide....and then RINSED VERY WELL to neutralize.....and then followed up with a dilluted cleaning with CLR and then another thorough rinsing, dried, and then a nice coat of vaseline.
 
Re: CIVIL WAR DOG TAGS!

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Yeah right.
 
{Sentinel} said:
Very Nice Sniffy, it does indeed look like it has been stamped with initials and a unit but it is too worn to really make it out. Definitely a worthy and desirable piece to any Civil War relic hunters collection.
Yes it looks to have been stamped but it's a dag gone shame i can't make any of it out. And it does look very well in my small but growing civil war collection.
 
I appreciate all the Banner Nods....but I guess it's not gonna find a spot up there. Oh well...However, this lil puppy will always be on the Banner in my display.
 
cool find all i can sat is wow :o
 
Awsemome find, That thing is sweeter than going to work on a M :headbang:onday morning!
 
WTG sniffy on that banner find :thumbsup:
Sweet find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom