Civil War era, or junk?

F

fueller

Hi everyone. I can still hunt a small unsodded area of the C.W. campground I found all my 3 rings/teardrops/and musket balls last year. Most of it is now a medical office (puke) but for now I have an area left that I can hunt on Sundays. Today I found the pictured item. It seems familiar, like I've seen something similar pictured here or on a detecting page or somewhere, I just don't have a clear memory of it. Any thoughts?

Other than the iron object, I did find one teardrop bullet and one musketball.
Also (some of you might get a laugh out of this) I found an encrusted token of some kind, all I could make out was 25 on one side. It was about quarter size. I cleaned it up a little when I got home, and I could make out a star shap in the middle, and the words "twenty five" and " money". There were more words I could not make out, but now I'm sure I've found a very old trade token of some kind, from the C.W. era. I clean it a little more, and get my good mag. glass out so I can read the rest. Around the star it says "Twenty Five Play Money". Oh well, it's still some older tin (or similar) play money from sometime back when.

Oh, the iron object is 20 1/2 centimeters long. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMAG1283.jpg
    IMAG1283.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAG1288.jpg
    IMAG1288.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG1289.jpg
    IMAG1289.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 30

Top Member Reactions