Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a good time yesterday saving a little Civil War history in NC! I found some bullets, a neat little buckle & a lot of camp lead (from melted bullets). We couldn't hunt the whole field, a lot of it was like quick sand. My buddy made the best find with a rare Confederate Nessler bullet. It was a beautiful day to get out with some great friends! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448240191.893704.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448240204.438684.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448240214.225072.jpg

Upvote 14
Nice hunt mangum! Hard to beat a hand full of CW history. That's a cool little buckle. When your finding camp lead, you know your at a good spot.

Nice finds brother!

Nice relics Josh. It was a beautiful day to be out in NC! Congrats.

Great finds Magnum .
Love the Darker Patina on those Bullets & Cool little Buckle ,Reckon what it went to?
Davers

Looking again .
It's neat how all of your Drops are all Different, in size shape etc.

Excellent variety of finds.
The buckle is small enough to be a retainer for a strap or wrist band?

It's about the size of a kepi buckle, that's what I thought it was at first until I saw the design. I'm sure the troops dropped it but not sure what it went to

Great finds Magnum .
Love the Darker Patina on those Bullets & Cool little Buckle ,Reckon what it went to?
Davers

It is odd that all of the bullets from this site have a brown patina, it sandy white soil which is unusual for the area. Not sure about the buckle. It's civilian but was undoubtably dropped by the soldiers. As you noted it's also very interesting that the bullets are different sizes. It's possible they had a store of ammunition & sorted through it, that would explain the nessler.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back