What's new

Civil war gunbarrell with bayonet still attached!

john glassman

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2007
Messages
708
Reaction score
1,120
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I post over in the bottle forum I dug this bottledigging today!
 

Attachments

  • 20150627_133505.webp
    20150627_133505.webp
    136.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 20150627_133524.webp
    20150627_133524.webp
    163 KB · Views: 213
  • 20150627_133544.webp
    20150627_133544.webp
    119.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 20150627_133531.webp
    20150627_133531.webp
    138.2 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 24
Great find. I'd go back and look for the firing mechanism.
 
Banner.

Without a doubt... build a custom Electro unit for this.
Immediately.
 
I measured gun barrlell is 28 inches long the bore is 1/2 inch

!/2 inch gives a lot of possibilities counting for corrosion loss.... It still looks like a break action barrel to me, it's a shame you didn't find any more of it. I think I'd have to go dig around the area and see if any more parts turn up. Don't get me wrong, it's a really cool find whatever the barrel turns out to be and if it's a civilian gun that someone stuck a bayonet on, well to me that just makes it more interesting wondering why they did it.
 
OMG that's insane
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom