deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in about an hour hunt at our Bed and Breakfast we found all our CW lead last year. We only hit it a couple short hunts with our AT Pros when the ground was still frozen. Today was the first time with the AT Pros where we could dig.
It was a solo hunt and I wasn't expecting much.
This evening I hunted up close to the house wanting to see what we missed with the Whites and the Bounty Hunter. Started the hunt off finding a 1888 IH.
Not far from the IH I got a 82 hit, thinking it was a memorial I dug it anyway. To my surprise it was a 1936 merc.
The small front yard was trashy and didn't want to waste what little time I had so I moved back to the side yard where the merc and IH came from. Before heading back to the side I got a good repeatable hit and dug an old shoe buckle.
Since the boy couldn't hunt this evening I moved out away from the house saving this area until the boy could join me.
It was getting late so I didn't bother swinging until I got down near the old pond on the property. There I only went 20' when I got a good hit, a 3 ringer.
After the 3 ringer I only covered a small area then headed for the property line to hunt my way back to the jeep. The neighbors were putting up a fence and already had holes dug for the fence post. I thought I'd check the holes and fresh dirt piles next to them. No luck there but, in between holes I dug 2 more bullets.
I also found a 2007 ? gold dollar while I was up close to the house swinging.
We plan on making another trip back there later today and cover it good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 6

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple great finds you got there! Silver always makes for a great day, but really diggin that buckle.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lead is great, so is the Indian and merc, however I really like that buckle!

smokedaddy

Mar 4, 2008
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum / Fisher 1266X / Minelab Sovereign Elite/ Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, nice digs but the buckle is a nice one

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds DS. Looks like a good place to hunt!

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!!

Tom, this property is the place we got permission from finding the owners purse metal detecting another area. A 1850's farm then the house built in the 1870's.
We found over 200 CW bullets and other CW relics along with silver and other cool stuff. Our Best property we've ever hunted and now it looks like there's still more to be found here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread