Civil War Uniform 1st sgt Infantry!

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
This uniform was given to me by my wife's parents with the understanding that it will be well taken car of and NEVER SOLD! i agreed! it has been in there family for aver 100 years.they are moving into a retirement home that is a lot smaller than there house and don't have the room for a lot of things.my plan is to put it in a shadow box frame and hang it on the wall for all to see rather than stuff it in a closet.
Thanks for looking. And any comments positive or negitive are welcome.

I also have a artillary shirt that will post later.

HH G1

Attachments

• 1st sgt chevrons.JPG
    1st sgt chevrons.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • back of pants.JPG
    back of pants.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 763
  • Button back.JPG
    Button back.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 567
  • button hole hand stiched.JPG
    button hole hand stiched.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 627
  • I button.JPG
    I button.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 497
  • pants.JPG
    pants.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 592
  • shell jacket.JPG
    shell jacket.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 575
  • shell jacket 2.JPG
    shell jacket 2.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 622
  • sj with pants.JPG
    sj with pants.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 695
Upvote 0

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man...that is really nice. Take good care of that...very well maintained piece of history.

I have a family uniform(s) as well, but it was my grandfathers WW2 U.S. Navy uniform..blues and whites...My wife is having one of them put in a shadow box for me (can't wait to get it back)....I also have pictures of my grandfather in the uniforms, his dogtags, and a ship diary that was kept.......I agree with Montana Jim...get all that info you can...not only does it make for a nice piece of history to go along with the uniform...the information may be lost forever if you don't....Pass that history on for future generations...

Very nice! :thumbsup:

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Awesome pieces of preserved history! Went to one museum in Missouri that had an old CW flag preserved behind a glass case that was faded. They also requested no flash pictures as well.

OP
OP
Golden1

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
crashbro17x said:
Man...that is really nice. Take good care of that...very well maintained piece of history.

I have a family uniform(s) as well, but it was my grandfathers WW2 U.S. Navy uniform..blues and whites...My wife is having one of them put in a shadow box for me (can't wait to get it back)....I also have pictures of my grandfather in the uniforms, his dogtags, and a ship diary that was kept.......I agree with Montana Jim...get all that info you can...not only does it make for a nice piece of history to go along with the uniform...the information may be lost forever if you don't....Pass that history on for future generations...

Very nice! :thumbsup:
Thanks crashbro! I would love to see a pic of your grandfathers uniform when you get it back :thumbsup: Owning that kind of stuff is priceless!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again G1 :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Golden1

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
stoney56 said:
Awesome pieces of preserved history! Went to one museum in Missouri that had an old CW flag preserved behind a glass case that was faded. They also requested no flash pictures as well.
Thank you stoney56 :thumbsup:

HH G1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions