claim location

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you guys make of this claim location. Some guys grabbed one of my old haunts :(
3 locators 40 acres.
Claim broken down into small 5 acre segments to grab as much creek, but this appears to be breaking the 2 rules posted below??

In all instances, a claim must also meet the following requirements:
• A location by 1 or 2 persons must fit within the boundaries of a square 40 acre parcel (1320 ft x 1320 ft);
• By 3 or 4 persons in 2 square 40 acre parcels
• By 5 or 6 persons in 3 square 40 acre parcels
• By 7 or 8 persons in 4 square 40 acre parcels

In George Kendall, etal. (184 IBLA 71 (2013)) , the Interior Board of Land Appeals ruled that an aliquot part description can be no
smaller than 10 acres, with a few exceptions.

20190131_113213_resized.jpg

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a BLM rule. The BLM will or will not deal with it.

There is no law stating that rule so if you are thinking of challenging the claim you won't have a law to cite to the judge. :BangHead:

Truth is people who know so little about locating a claim rarely manage to maintain their claim. This too shall pass. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on shape alone I think i may know wheree that is.

Old GPAA claim if it is but it didn't look like that. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
bug

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that be it behind Irves. I had Gravelwasher detect his first nugget there some years back and had my fun there.

Last edited:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In many instances it would seem to be the most prudent way to locate a claim....and maintain the least amount of acreage and yet acquire the stream bed...In many placer locations the claimant acquires land mass that is not productive pay....if the placer is primarily located in the existing stream bed. Primarily the key in such a location is the recordings that signify a clear understanding of the claim location. It has to be clearly understood and recognizable. In general BLM tends to frown on such locations and the Placer Law even states that the locator should use the USGS surveyed system. If my understanding of such matters is correct.

Bejay

OP
OP
bug

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be prudent but it doent conform to BLM rules. With the narrow 5 acre subdivisions you could get a mile of creek with only 40 acres and 2 locators.
Essentially that's what the locator did here, except the creek is not running a straight line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread