Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
this wasn’t found today but rather on December 5th. I was beach hunting here in Mississippi when I found a huge class ring. This ring is so big a quarter would fit inside of it. It had the man’s first and last name on the outside of it along with the name of the school. I was able to track him down, he now lives in canton Ohio. Luckily I was able to find a phone number for him, so I called and left a message.
he called me back later and confirmed he had indeed lost his class ring about five years ago in Biloxi,ms. He gave me the name of the school so I could confirm it was his. I shipped it back to him the next day and didn’t hear from him till last night.

I don’t know how to attach his text message to this, so I will type it in as he wrote it

thank you again fo locating my class ring. I lost it five years ago at the beach in Biloxi. Sitting in the water and it slipped off my finger.NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS111 Did I think I would ever see this again. Thank you again for doing what you do and loving it.Glad you were able to locate me and return it.

being able to get him back his ring has its own rewards.

Attachments

• 841300D9-4527-4E5D-8547-89E9FD799695.jpeg
    841300D9-4527-4E5D-8547-89E9FD799695.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • 3D805D81-C114-4346-BB2F-D95BCF087B97.jpeg
    3D805D81-C114-4346-BB2F-D95BCF087B97.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • 214BB466-67BB-42AF-8630-E3CE493ABF25.jpeg
    214BB466-67BB-42AF-8630-E3CE493ABF25.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • A5614A57-2995-496E-B107-BA3211E7445A.jpeg
    A5614A57-2995-496E-B107-BA3211E7445A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited by a moderator:

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this wasn’t found today but rather on December 5th. I was beach hunting here in Mississippi when I found a huge class ring. This ring is so big a quarter would fit inside of it. It had the man’s first and last name on the outside of it along with the name of the school. I was able to track him down, he now lives in canton Ohio. Luckily I was able to find a phone number for him, so I called and left a message.
he called me back later and confirmed he had indeed lost his class ring about five years ago in Biloxi,ms. He gave me the name of the school so I could confirm it was his. I shipped it back to him the next day and didn’t hear from him till last night.

I don’t know how to attach his text message to this, so I will type it in as he wrote it

thank you again fo locating my class ring. I lost it five years ago at the beach in Biloxi. Sitting in the water and it slipped off my finger.NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS111 Did I think I would ever see this again. Thank you again for doing what you do and loving it.Glad you were able to locate me and return it.

Great job!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the find and return! Thanks for sharing!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and great work tracking him down. Many people think their ring is gone forever when they loose it in the water, but we do find them and return them. Your efforts definitely deserve an honorable mention. Please count my vote.

Stay safe, good luck, keep swingin and have a great holiday.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Good job on finding the owner and returning it to him.

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
Your a good man charlie brown

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the return of the class ring.
Certainly a Honorable Mention should be bestowed on you for this return.

OP
OP
H

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
I want to thank everyone for the likes and words of encouragement. one of the greatest things about this hobby is the ability to give back.

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations and good return đź‘Ť
I’ve returned two class rings found in the same area in Jamaica.
The first return , the owner was amazed and thrilled to get his ring back .
The second ring I never heard back and got no acknowledgment of the return after they sent me the address!
I’ve also found rings in the water for people that had just lost them ,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread