🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What could it be?

Buptyler13

Mar 17, 2024
Ok,I have no clue as to what this is. It's about the size of a half dollar. Appears to be made out of pewter. It's a hand holding flowers and nothing on the back side. I found it at an old grove that has been in use since early 1800s. About a foot deep. This grove just keeps on giving. Any ideas as to what it could of been? I did find my first Sligh bell right near it last week with initials n and s on it. That dates from 1832 to 1850. Still intact too. And also rings,after I got all the packed mud out of it. Beautiful design on it too.

Attachments

• 20240426_150559.jpg
    20240426_150559.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok,I have no clue as to what this is. It's about the size of a half dollar. Appears to be made out of pewter. It's a hand holding flowers and nothing on the back side. I found it at an old grove that has been in use since early 1800s. About a foot deep. This grove just keeps on giving. Any ideas as to what it could of been? I did find my first Sligh bell right near it last week with initials n and s on it. That dates from 1832 to 1850. Still intact too. And also rings,after I got all the packed mud out of it. Beautiful design on it too.
I'm not sure if it's a broken piece of jewelry or something else. The hand looks like it was gripping something that's now rusted away.

Upvote 1

potsherd_creek

Jan 12, 2021
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting. Just an opinion, It could have been a small gift to a sweetheart or loved one. The maker did very well with the fist so it would seem that they would have given the same detail with flowers. The large one could depict a sunflower although, to me they resemble some of the large flowers in South Africa.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2007
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
half of a sash buckle?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread