Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 12 years ago, my daughter's father-in-law lost his college ring while working in the yard at their vacation home at a lake in North Carolina. He and the family have combed the area since but failed to locate the ring.

My wife and I spent the weekend at the lake with the kids and grands and today, we got out my EQ-600 and did a sweep of the general area where the ring was believed to be lost. I told my son-in-law that if we found the ring we would likely get a strong signal showing the object to be not too deep.

I had quit searching and my son-in-law asked if he could use my detector and, naturally, I said yes. He swept the area for about 3 minutes and got a strong signal that showed a reasonably shallow depth. He took my pin-pointer and worked the area. Just under the grass layer, he found the ring!

He will be returning it to his father this evening. I asked them to make a video of the presentation. If they do, I will append it to this post.

All in all, a good day.

Attachments

• Miller with Ring.jpg
    Miller with Ring.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Ring In Situ.jpg
    Ring In Situ.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 22

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 12 years ago, my daughter's father-in-law lost his college ring while working in the yard at their vacation home at a lake in North Carolina. He and the family have combed the area since but failed to locate the ring.

My wife and I spent the weekend at the lake with the kids and grands and today, we got out my EQ-600 and did a sweep of the general area where the ring was believed to be lost. I told my son-in-law that if we found the ring we would likely get a strong signal showing the object to be not too deep.

I had quit searching and my son-in-law asked if he could use my detector and, naturally, I said yes. He swept the area for about 3 minutes and got a strong signal that showed a reasonably shallow depth. He took my pin-pointer and worked the area. Just under the grass layer, he found the ring!

He will be returning it to his father this evening. I asked them to make a video of the presentation. If they do, I will append it to this post.

All in all, a good day.
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread