Classic IDX Pro

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
I think whites disscontinued this awsome detector before too many people found out how good it really is because then they would not sell as many of the bells and whistle machines. I had the Mr Bill mod (threshhold and GB knobs added) done last year and I followed a guy with an XLT and he was missing targets. It will p/u a quarter at 10" (that I buried) I think being a simpler machine to set up allows one to get more of the full potential. Don't ya hate when you find something really good they stop making it....argh!...Go figure! :'(
Just my 2 cents!
John
Colorado

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I have a IDX and though I bought it used, it is a great detector, to use as a backup for my M6.
White's has the Classic III series, and made the Classic 4 and 5ID for Kell*Co, and now the M6.
They made the IDX series better, in the form of the M6.

OP
OP
J

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
Better? probably for gold I would asume :P

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
See my post under General Discussion, on Jan 16th, New Poster,Old MD'er

The M6 is a good coin finder. ;D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a Whites IDX Pro. No doubt it it a hot machine. I have always found deep finds with it. Still I switched to an Explorer II.

Ed D.

1dirtyknee

Feb 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S IDX
I swing an IDX as well. I think it is great. I started with a Radio Shak special, then another (high end), then finally got serious 3 years ago and got the IDX. One of the best machines for the money is what I keep hearing. Has anyone tried a smaller coil on theirs? If so which one and how did it perform?
1dk

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
I agree with Dimeman, the M6 is an improvement over the IDX Pro. I have both a modified IDX Pro and M6 and the M6 is almost what i wish the Classic series would have evolved into. Would like to have seen a true all metal ID on the M6 as available on the IDX. The ground tracking on the M6 is a major improvement even over the modified IDX Pro and the coil selection is a major improvement. The 7 Tone ID is GREAT. I still think the IDX Pro is great at iron infested sites with low trash using a smaller coil and hits more solid on deeper high coin targets.

dirtyknee,
I agree the IDX is still a very good detector and used the 5.3 Black Max, 4"x6" Shooter and the 350 Snooper and if your hunting in moderate or a little worse trash the 5.3 is the better choice for depth, but if your into some very heavy trash the 350 snooper will give better target separation but lose some depth to the 5.3. The 4"x6" Shooter was weak on depth compared to the 2 other coils but did have very good target separation. Just a few opinions based my experiences. HH Bill

1dirtyknee

Feb 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S IDX
Bill(de) said:
I agree with Dimeman, the M6 is an improvement over the IDX Pro. I have both a modified IDX Pro and M6 and the M6 is almost what i wish the Classic series would have evolved into. Would like to have seen a true all metal ID on the M6 as available on the IDX. The ground tracking on the M6 is a major improvement even over the modified IDX Pro and the coil selection is a major improvement. The 7 Tone ID is GREAT. I still think the IDX Pro is great at iron infested sites with low trash using a smaller coil and hits more solid on deeper high coin targets.

dirtyknee,
I agree the IDX is still a very good detector and used the 5.3 Black Max, 4"x6" Shooter and the 350 Snooper and if your hunting in moderate or a little worse trash the 5.3 is the better choice for depth, but if your into some very heavy trash the 350 snooper will give better target separation but lose some depth to the 5.3. The 4"x6" Shooter was weak on depth compared to the 2 other coils but did have very good target separation. Just a few opinions based my experiences. HH Bill

Bill
Thanks. I'll add a couple of them to my birthday wish list!

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
hi im new to this forum i have an idx pro and will probably leave it off at mr bills for the mod , i live an hour or so away , my question is has anyone been successful at saltwater beaches with thiers thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread