Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
either would be a good choice. I prefer the eureka just because it has 3 switchable freq and i can use it for something other than gold hunting. Since you have a good coin machine id go with the whites... have you taken a look at the fisher gold bug? Its simple and one heck of a gold machine as well.

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
I'm all about the MXT. It's got three modes and you can tweak each one. I love it. It's not as intimidating as some may think. Good luck in choosing and please post your finds. 8)

OP
OP
J

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
I had an MXT and traded it back for the IDX pro, I should have kept it but never thought about gold hunting. As far as the Goldbug2 I think I would be getting too many hits on gold I can't see. We'll see!
Thanks
John

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's gold only you want, White's GMT.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GMT is a nice machine. If I were you I would also check out the LOBO, GoldBug II, and Garrett's Scorpion. Many are using the Minelab Eureka Gold with good results. It handles difficult ground well.

Failure to check out all the detector brands, You might cheat yourself.

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro
Really look at the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq or the Mxt. Either one will do the job. The Lobo would be my first choice for prospecting only. The Mxt is more versatile but put a 9x8 spider coil on the Lobo and its a excellent coin/jewelry and relic machine but no id. You would need a 6x10 coil on the Mxt for the best results for prospecting.

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
The GMT would be a exellent choice. You would have auto ground trac or manual if you want, able to detect a 1/10th grain speck with the stock coil, read the minerals in the ground, follow a black sand streak, able to tell if your target is iron or not. This is the best detetor for the money able to detect small gold. Take a look at all the nice gold Ole Grubstake posts on this forum using a GMT. Go see your Whites dealer and take the GMT for a test drive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread