What's new

Clay pipe find

Flatwoods88

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
49
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this cool 1800s clay pipe yesterday walking a creek, don't know much about this kind of stuff, any input is appreciated. I will keep it but would like to know if there's any value to it. Found in central fl on private property.
 

Attachments

  • image-1012013230.webp
    image-1012013230.webp
    101.3 KB · Views: 185
  • image-406483786.webp
    image-406483786.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 173
  • image-3181116453.webp
    image-3181116453.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 146
Nice find!!!
 
Nice one.
Too bad the top is broken.. surprised the stem didn't break at the base when that happened.
There might be a small makers stamp on the bottom of the small protrusion at the joint of the bowl and stem.
I can't really see the design... but my guess is it's British made.
You probably know this already but its made of kaolin clay.
It reminds me of this one that I found. It has grapes on the side.


ForumRunner_20130908_210234.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom