Clay Worst search area

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay looking.jpg

.....posted mainly for the GE folks to look for.....

Last edited:

Ramiro valdez

Aug 26, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Roberts, I was waiting for Apache gold or clay to kick out, but you beet them to the punch. I had that coming, I don?t think that I will start another thread on this subject I?ve said enough. I thank Apache gold for the opportunity of not kicking me off the thread. I?ll probably go into the Nazi Lue map and open up that thread. But not yet! Soon, for those who like cipher puzzles. Thanks, again Roberts, for your character is always welcome. I?m going to take a brake from history.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1937167

Clay has searched a lot of areas of the Superstitions over the years. He was influenced by knowing men such as Abe Reid, Chuck Aylor, John Reed, Erwin Ruth, Roy Bradford, Al Reser and a dozen others. But none more so than his partner and close friend, Brownie Holmes. The majority of time Clay spent trying to run down the clues in the Dutchmans death bed confession and things Brownie told him in private. Clay has several camps he used but one main base camp used for decades.

The photo is one I took of Clay back in the mountains years ago, one of my favorites of him. If you can figure where that photo was taken from the background you will be somewhere close to his favorite searching area. And if you have ever been there I tip my hat to you for you are no daisy and have put some serious boots on the ground in those mountains.

that is a tough area for sure.. 20210303_145828.jpg 20210303_122954.jpg 20210302_130047.jpg . i am a little further east.. sorry for the grainy pictures.. these were taken the first week of march 2021, the day the big sand storm rolled into phoenix.. watched it come in, then realized i did not have shelter.. made a fast track back to camp.. the temp. dropped about 10 degrees in minutes because of the front.. will be back in november..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread