What's new

Cleaning IHP

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Is there a way to clean a blackened Indian head? I can make out part of the head dress and a few letters but that it. I've seen several things online but am skeptical to what really works and damages it further .
 
It’s probably already damaged enough to be beyond “valuable”. Have had luck with Andre pencils. Trying olive oil soak (few weeks) and toothpick now, with mixed results.
 
It’s probably already damaged enough to be beyond “valuable”. Have had luck with Andre pencils. Trying olive oil soak (few weeks) and toothpick now, with mixed results.
I know it's not valuable but I just wanted it to be more readable for my collection
 
It has no value for collectors. Put it in your pocket with your change and carry it for a while. I’ve been carrying a dark IHP for about 3 mos. It’s getting brighter. Like putting it back in circulation. Don’t spend it by mistake!
IMG_7886.webp
IMG_7887.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom