What's new

cleaning md coins with vinegar is it safe???

suprdave

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
354
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cleaned my first batch of coins with vinegar salt and dawn liquid after sorting them out the next day i got a huge rash on my hands and arms. has similar things happened to any one else the chemical reaction sure happens to the coins maybe it was something else just trying to pin it else could use some help on this question thanks dave
 
I have never tried it!!!
Sounds like a chemical reaction or possibly a allergy to metal!!
I'm allergic to nickle can't have coins with nickle in them in my pockets. I break out in small hives!!!

Good luck and HH Chug
 
You might want to mix a very minute amount of those ingredients, dilute it with water and just barely touch the inside of your forearm with a drop and see if it turns red or makes a bump. I'm not a doc so it's just a suggestion. If it kills you I didn't suggest it. It must have been someone who looks like me!
M :wink: nty
 
Yeah don't be dangling a smoke .while your mixing those ingredience :tongue3:
 
I Have heard of people having rashes from dawn,I'm one.The acid in the vinegar can make it worse
 
If you're just cleaning clads throw em in a tumbler with water & baking soda. Good enough for the bank or coin star. citric acid with a 1/2 teaspoon of dish or liquid laundry soap works good if you're alergic to the other stuff.

Montys suggestion is excellent.
 
Vinegar is acetic acid, (aka ethanoic acid).
 
try a little house hold ammonia insteat of vinegar , along with the dawn , and water . works for me .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom