Cleaning Out Bedrock Crevice Using DIY Snuffer Bottle

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Just back from a prospecting trip after my birthday and thought I'd share a video of clearing out a nice wide crevice in some protruding bedrock using a DIY snuffer bottle. I cleaned out as much as I could using my manual gold pump (no dredging allowed here), then hand scoops and finally using a home made snuffer bottle to get the final fine material out. It's not a long video or anything so have a watch and let me know what you thinkSmile

https://youtu.be/LOvBkzvZCC4

Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a beautiful spot to work! Don't forget to process that moss, it can as much gold as that crack. It also appears that no one has worked that area before as I see that the surrounding cracks in the rock has not been "popped" or cracked with a chisel. Boy I could occupy myself for a week playing in all those cracks and crevices. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
You should have seen the amount of moss that covered the boulder before I started filming, the entire larger slope was covered in it before I removed it, I just didn't want to film that as I don't know if officially we're allowed to do "mossing" in the UK so I left that off camera :) I always like to pop some bedrock off myself too if I can see a nice crack, I did pop a couple of small bits off and a few days later I tried a different stream and the protruding bedrock on that stream was ridiculous, you could easily spend a few years just on a single stream and not get to every crack and crevice as it's what the landscape surrounding the streams is made of, I made another video just highlighting the amount of bedrock there is to prospect. Glad you liked the video

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread