CLEVELAND HALF DOLLAR

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_1907.JPG
IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1945.JPG
IMG_1944.JPG

At a recent coin show I bought a 1936 Cleveland commemorative half dollar. The person on the front of the coin is Moses Cleveland, founder of the city of Cleveland, Ohio. Cleveland was born in Canterbury, Conn. which is only a few miles from where I live. The sign shows the site of his birthplace and about a mile or so south of the birthplace is the Cleaveland cemetery where he is buried. Cleveland served as a brigadier general in the Connecticut militia during the Revolutionary War and after the war was over, he was a shareholder along with some others who purchased land in Northeast Ohio known as "New Connecticut". While there he established a small village which eventually became the city of Cleveland. Eventually he returned to Connecticut and once again served as a general in the Conn. militia. He died in 1806.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased a US silver commemorative recently. Antietam. My first one and I was surprised how nice it was. A lot more relief than regular strikes for circulation. I plan on getting more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread