What's new

Clip or not

65gt350

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
773
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
This will be my first clipped half dollar if it is a true clip. What say you.

HH,
65GT350
 

Attachments

  • 1776 Clip011.webp
    1776 Clip011.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0
Yeppers, its a nice double clip.
 
Are these coins worth anything over 50 cents? I had found a handfull of them when I was CRHing heavily and I always threw them back. At the time I thought the clipping was done post mint by someone. I used to see them somewhat frequently.

I had some nice condition coins other than the clipped part. Hope I did not throw away a bunch of $$$$$.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
Are these coins worth anything over 50 cents? I had found a handfull of them when I was CRHing heavily and I always threw them back. At the time I thought the clipping was done post mint by someone. I used to see them somewhat frequently.

I had some nice condition coins other than the clipped part. Hope I did not throw away a bunch of $$$$$.

Jim

Nah, they're not worth anything extra :wink: just throw 'em back to the banks who do biz with Vegas.
 
There is a premium, but not sure what the market is for these. Things I have seen is 5-15 dollars or so.
 
Looks like a clip.. I've found 2 in all my years of searching (about 10 yrs). A 65 & a 84-D. I've never found a low mintage early silver commemorative though... still hoping. I've never found a Barber either. Maybe someday.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom