What's new

Clipped Planchet Half?

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I think this is what you call a clipped planchet - what do you think and is it worth anything?
 

Attachments

  • cpobv.webp
    cpobv.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 229
  • cprev.webp
    cprev.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 218
  • cpedge.webp
    cpedge.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0
i don't think thats clipped. is it rough or smooth where it is cut? if its real, its worth around $20.
 
Looks legit to me, especially the look of the rims around the clipped area. Nice find!
 
That is a little more than a clipped planchet, it is a double clipped half, much more difficult to find that a single clip. I have found a few double clip nickels and pennies (even 2 triple clips), but still have yet to find a half. I think I have found 2 single clip halves, but not a double clip. That is a nice find. Congrats!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom