What's new

Clive James Clynick - I owe him an apology.

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,758
Reaction score
35,452
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As most of you know, I've been unfairly harsh in my criticism of Clive Clynick, and his work. I was a bit surprised to find three of his books in my mailbox, with a letter from the woman that sent them, explaining in detail how they helped her become more confident, and proficient with her machines, and her beach hunting technique. I read the books.

Responding to her letter, I agreed that they were easy to understand, and did indeed have some very good advice in them. About a week ago, I sent them back, and promised I would apologize to Clive, publicly.

Clive, I can now say that I have read some of your work, and you have my sincere apology for my ill conceived attacks on you, and your books. I was wrong, pure and simple. You are an extremely accomplished treasure hunter, detectorist, and author. I'm sorry.

As cool as I think I am, I can be a real idiot sometimes as well. Gosh, that was hard to admit! God Bless - Terry

 
Way to man up, well done sir!!
 
Terry you are a man of integrity, I salute you sir.
 
It takes a real man to admit when he’s wrong. You’ve done that. You’ll never be an idiot to me and I still and always will think of you as a cool guy. PS ( I wish you would have sent me the books lol ) take care my friend.
 
Terry, I've respected you as a man for the years I've been on here. Good on you my friend!
 
Ive been banging around with MDs for a very long time. (1971) had to learn everything on my own and believe me in the wild of the last frrontier you learn how valuable history books, old maps, biographies etc, really are.. It is a constant learning cycle but things of old can be found if you do your research...
 
Nice job Terry! :occasion14:
 
That’s why you’re looked up to, whether you know it or not. Thank you for being the example.
 
Now that’s a great man right there!...
Do you have a twin and is he single?LOL

I just had this conversation with a friend of mine the other day. Why is it so hard for most people to admit when they are wrong? For me as soon as I realize I am wrong, I have to apologize or it eats me up inside until I do.
 
Terry as someone who doesn't know your or your comments about Clive, or even Clive himself... I appreciate your post. It feels good to admit you are wrong sometimes.
 
Well done, but you are not the first person to realize that you were wrong or have spoken incorrectly. it happens, heck, I've heard of only one perfect one. call it living on the edge! great post
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom