CLOSE but no cigar! But still got chills.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I served an extended tour in VietNam from '67 to '69. I had an AO map that I kept from when I was the CAP commander near Tam KY. I gave the map and my boonie hat to my son many years ago. He passed away recently. He must have kept the items close by because when his mother went to his place, she immediately found them and returned them to me. A few years ago, I bought some military style of maps to attempt to home in on where I was. Turned out the AO was only about 500 meters OFF the Tam KY map! Chilling! Damn! Now I can't remember who I bought the maps from! Anybody out there know where to purchase the Mil style maps of the area east and se of Tam Ky? The area would include Phu Ke (2) out to the area covering the river going up to Hwy 1. I would very much ask for your help on this. Thanks. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread