What's new

Close Shave on Todays Road Trip 5/4/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Went on the first road trip of the month. Was about to head back after getting nothing but clad halves, and nearly getting clipped by a reckless driver.
Made one last stop before heading back.
Saw a silver quarter in the tellers tray and got it. Asked for halves and got a bank bag with $66.00 dollars. I asked if they had a bag of dimes too,but they only had one box to give up,so I bought it.
The dime box turned out to be the best dime box I ever had. Prior to this one I have never gotten more than 3 maybe 4 in a box.

Here is the take:
1x 1940 Washington Quarter
1x 1966 Kennedy
2x 1968 Kennedy
1x 1969 Kennedy

1x 1899 Barber Dime
1x 1918 Mercury
1x 1920 "
1x 1928 S
1x 1929 D
1x 1931 S
1x 1938 S
1x 1944 D
1x 1951 Roosevelt
1x 1951 S "
1x 1958

The dime box was CWI stamped and inspected last month
 
Upvote 0
Awesome Rich , that is super that you got a shave today... It looks like you hit a jackpot with that Barber , a bunch of Mercs, a few halves and even a quarter , kudos you certainly deserve it :icon_pirat: ,Ed
 
Really good dime box! I Got 6 Barbers out of CWI last year.
 
Great dime box and Nice Barber reference on the "Close Shave" Clever.....


Mojo
 
Awesome. Still looking for my first barber. Getting close but not close enough. Anyways. Nice job.
HH,
Frank
 
Rich you are doing good my friend. Keep it up.

Golden Silver
 
rich nice box
we where just talking about the barber, real nice
 
I need a shave too...Pretty soon DHS will think Im Al Kay Duh. Gonna try some boxes today. Nice job there Rich.
 
Steve,

They are yours for the taking as I have been stricken by the swine flu. I was eating some home made ice cream out at Mr.Greenjeans Farm when a pig flew by me and dropped one on my head.
I called CDC who referred me to WHO,who in turn referred me to a Dr.Ulami Singapore the worlds leading expert on Swine Flu,Bird Flu,Hong Kong Flu, and Kung Flu. He ordered me to be quarantined for the next week, and not to leave my house even for CRH.
So it is all yours.
Better lose the beard. You look like the bank manager swami who gave me the "F" word.

Dad
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom