What's new

Close to home! July 27, 2011

BJS in Iowa

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
89
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
I had been cutting and freezing sweet corn all morning and half the afternoon. While the corn was cooling, I thought I'd ride the 4-wheeler to the crick and see what I could find. In the end, I decided to walk instead. Went through the first gate (<40 yards from my house), walked about 20 yards more and found this one in a small ditch washed out by some recent rain. I hadn't even made it to the crick! If I'd ridden the 4-wheeler I would have passed right by and missed it. It ain't that purdy but I didn't get skunked!
It was extremely hot and I didn't make it more than an hour in the crick before I had to turn back. Didn't find anything else. We need rain!
 

Attachments

  • Lee Co IA 0727111439[1].webp
    Lee Co IA 0727111439[1].webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0
Nice find, great material. It is nice to find artifacts close to home, cuts down on time spent traveling. I've never found an artifact anywhere but my own property, not that I haven't tried. Thanks for the view.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom