Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I currently have the opportunity (with moderation), to search a house built in 1875. I was looking in the crawl and in the NW corner was a lone 1/2 pint bottle purposely placed with its bung end pointed into the corner. The bottle's neck was broken off but the cork was still in the bung hole, leading me to believe that the contents froze and freed the neck from the body. Below the bottle were loose stones about the size of my fist.

I slid out and grabbed a fresh flashlight and my detector and returned to the crawl that is at best 24" but found nothing in that corner except a rusty nail. Time was short so I had to stop but I am going back in a couple days.

Over the years a handful of people have installed plumbing, insulation, and cable in that very crawl, so its quite possible that any obvious caches have been lifted.

I plan to search the entire crawl with my detector, I may find some old coins from the construction of the house if nothing at all.

Is this a common marker? The crawl was clean of any debris except this bottle.

S

stefen

Probably not...just the remains of the Health Syrup that Goober dropped...he's the one with the plumbers crack...

Mor'n likely he laid under the house with a hammer in one hand banging on a pipe...and sucking on the Syrup bottle held by the other hand...

Check the carriage barn or where they parked the cars in later years...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions