cobalt blue

sfox54

Jan 5, 2014
erie pa
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bottle bottom.JPG DSCN0125.JPG i found this digging a quarter signal. does anyone know what was in it?

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobalt is always nice to find. I think it's some kind of cosmetic bottle but that's just a guess.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very pretty bottle and handy link epackage.

OP
OP
S

sfox54

Jan 5, 2014
erie pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks all for your responses. this bottle has a place of honor on my windowsill. that cobalt blue and the sunshine!! i had researched the company but stilll not sure what was in it. i think it was something that you may have been able to find at a drug store. the upside is i found this in late autumn and it is a small dump site. this spring i am going back with a sifter!! i didnt disturb it too much because i want to be able to spend some time and hunt it right. it is at a old farmhouse site.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience with farm dumps is a lot of shell, iron, and random junk (some of which is cool!) but not very good on the bottle perspective. But the thing is, you never know. Definitely worth digging and you might get some goodies, even if they're not in the form of glass.

OP
OP
S

sfox54

Jan 5, 2014
erie pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks bottle hunter, i was metal detecting and got a quarter signal about 6 inches. while digging for it i found the bottle. it was at the top of a bank about 8-10 foot deep. i poked around a bit more and was finding exactly what you said. but as i dig everything rolls down the bank so i stopped and will try it with a sifter this spring

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good idea. Make sure you go from the bottom of the hill and up, the opposite way is extremely difficult. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread