What's new

Coffin flask and pumpkin seeds!!

Re: Coffin flask and pumpkin seed's!!

Harry
I am no expert but would have to think that bottle would be much sought after. The men who drank that whiskey used to wear this button during the civil war.
 

Attachments

  • B4652A.webp
    B4652A.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 308
Re: Coffin flask and pumpkin seed's!!

TnMountains said:
Harry
I am no expert but would have to think that bottle would be much sought after. The men who drank that whiskey used to wear this button during the civil war.
What a nice button! Surely, that's not a button you MD'ed, is it? Looks like you just plucked it from a uniform blouse!

Here's what the South Carolina Dispensary bottles looked like after the hallowed palmetto tree was removed from the spirits bottles:

flasksSCdispensarymonogram.webp​
 
Re: Coffin flask and pumpkin seed's!!

No sir
I wish I had dug that button. It was from the Harry Ridgeway collection. What do you think is on the bottom of that bottle? The crosses. Do you think it is cannons?
 
Re: Coffin flask and pumpkin seed's!!

TnMountains said:
No sir
I wish I had dug that button. It was from the Harry Ridgeway collection. What do you think is on the bottom of that bottle? The crosses. Do you think it is cannons?
According to the books, those are crossed logs embossed under the palmetto tree.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom