gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering If it is worth /possible to get a lower frequency coil for my gold bug. I am interested in doing more coin hunting then gold prospecting. I am mostly interested in older rec fields and cellar holes. I just did not know if it is worth trying to switch coils to try to get more depth or just get a new detector. After a year of detecting I have been through the learning curve with this detector and know it well, but can not help but feel that I am missing stuff on some of my sites. Most if not all coins that I find are zero to six inches, I can honestly say that I do not think that I have pulled a coin over six inches deep and I have some good permissions at mid to early 1800's sites. I also have never detected with anybody else so I have never seen if a different machine would preform better. Thanks for help. sorry to beat a dead horse.

Upvote 0
Changing the coil on that Gold Bug will not change the frequency of the detector.

You need another machine. I suggest you look at the Garrett AT Pro; Tesoro Tejon; Makro Racer 2; Whites MXT; Fisher F75

The only machine I'm aware of that can change frequency by changing coils is the Minelab X-terra line.

Thanks for the input I guess it is time to research another machine.

The XP Deus can run on 4 distinct frequencies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back