What's new

Coil selection help

erbousman

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Hey all!
I need some help deciding the best coil for the ace 250. I have the standard and am looking to upgrade to something bigger to find things deeper. I was thinking the PROformance 8.5x11? Or would the 9x12 be better? Any input is appreciated
 
I would go big or go home...
 
Bigger isn't going to get you much deeper. The purpose of a bigger coil is to cover more area quicker. Your detector is still going to be putting out the same power, only on a larger surface area. If you want deeper, you either have to understand your detector better or upgrade. Frank
 

Attachments

  • hand print-2_edited-5.webp
    hand print-2_edited-5.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 102
That 250 was designed for the coil it came with. No enough electronics to handle much else.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom