Coil stiffeners

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m ordering a Nox 12x15” coil. Should I get some coil stiffeners? I’ve seen photos of them zip tied to the coil. I don’t see them at Kellyco and I don’t know where to get one. Are there any really thick ones that are the best to prevent broken coil ears? If I get lucky enough to find a couple gold rings, I would also like Steve’s carbon fiber shaft with counterweight
Thanks

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check to see if the coil you get is the latest version. They're supposed to have a better design that are more robust. If not, and you get the old version, I got my ear savers from a guy in El Cajon, Ca, who makes them. I ordered a pair from him on E-bay about a year ago. It came as a 2 pack, one for the 12 X 15" coil and the other for the 11".

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check to see if the coil you get is the latest version. They're supposed to have a better design that are more robust. If not, and you get the old version, I got my ear savers from a guy in El Cajon, Ca, who makes them. I ordered a pair from him on E-bay about a year ago. It came as a 2 pack, one for the 12 X 15" coil and the other for the 11".
Thanks cudamark,
After more research and watching more videos on utube, for a little more than $50.00 I'll choose the Coiltek 15" instead. If my detecting pal can't handle it I suppose Steves carbon fiber rod with the counter weight would help. It seems a more robust build than the 12x15" so broken ears should no longer be a concern

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I have that coil too. I get another inch or two in depth with it, but, it's heavier and doesn't pin point quite as well as the MInelab 12 X 15" in my experience.

Drew61

Feb 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I printed these for my 15" nox coil just as a preventative measure. With a strong epoxy, so far so good although I don't use it nearly as much as the 11" which has similar stiffeners I bought online before my 3d printer.
thumbnail_IMG_5697 (1).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5695.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5720.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread