Coiltek 5 x 10 for CTX

tigerglide

Jan 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was considering purchasing the CoilTek 5 x 10 coil for my CTX and wanted to ask people that have one to provide a brief review of what they like or didnā€™t like. I know itā€™s pricy but Iā€™m more interested in worth as in worth it or not. I live with the 6ā€ on my detector most of the time and love it and maybe thatā€™s all I need.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've formally tested and reported on both for a major retailer and found them to be extremely close in terms of performance in a variety of environments and situations using a wide array of targets. I ultimately gave a very slight edge to the Coiltek 5x10 regarding sensitivity but not really enough of one to justify the additional investment. I did like the solid face of the Coiltek which didn't get hung up on underbrush as the Minelab could but again, they are so similar in bottom line performance that were I in your position, I'd just stay with the Minelab...it will do you well.

Just the view from my foxhole...

Last edited:
OP
OP
tigerglide

tigerglide

Jan 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for your response ColonelDan! I love the 6ā€ coil and get great depth so I guess Iā€™m sticking with what I know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread