What's new

Coin buying prices?

klava

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
432
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Well yard sale/fleamarket time is almost upon us. Hitting these is one of my favorite thisngs to do. I have made alot of good finds and been very profitable at it. I have decided to add coins to my list of things to look for. My question is what is a good wholesale price to buy coins at for resale. I have a good grasp on prices for silver coins. So my question is geared more towards the numismatic values. I am not looking for buying tips on rare or key dates just an average buy price for the following that I could make a good percentage of profit. I have been checking ebay to see the medium value of run of the mill coins and was just hoping to get osme input form you guys the professionals:-)

1) Indians
2) Wheats
3) V Nickels
4) Buffalo Nickels

Any other non-silver coins youc an think of?

Thanks for your time

-K
 
Upvote 0
You've heard of the Red Book, which is retail prices you can expect to pay when buying from a dealer. Then there's its companion Blue Book that gives prices dealers pay when they're buying, usually about 50-60% retail.

Your best bet is to make a bulk offer for everything at once. I'd say:

Wheats - 2¢ ea.
Indians, Liberty & Buffalos - 50¢ ea.

People are happy to get multiples of face value and these are low enough where you can re-sell them and still make some profit. Win-win.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom