Coin Counter Promotional Video

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been to one of their branches? This looks like Texas to me. Find any keepers?

Adamanteus

Greenie
Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little trick I learned with that company's coin counter: If it is chocking on half dollars, the teller may have a tool that you can stick in it to flatten out the halves. If they do not have the "tool" sticking an ink pen in the tray to "shuffle" them will generally cause them to go right through with an efficiency that coin star would be jealous of.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
My dump bank has an older version of that coin machine. It's lightning fast and accurate. I've never had a miscount.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't know how I could do this hobby without a coin machine. I absolutely hate dumping rolls. Mainly because all the tellers in my area are lazy. I can dump $500 in halves in about 5 min. Unless the bag needs to be changed. The machine near me holds $1000 of halves in the bag.

OP
OP
Senor

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are Cummins-Allison. They are really putting a dent in Coinstar's business since people buy these machines and get the full vig instead of only 1.8% of the 9.8% that Coinstar charges.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread