What's new

Coin Cube found

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey everyone - silver can be found in the strangest places! Today I was dumping off the leftovers from a yard sale and stumbled on this in our town's free books barn. Coins have all been whizzed and will never come out but pretty cool.

Maine_Jim
 

Attachments

  • Coin Cube.webp
    Coin Cube.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 553
  • Coin Cube full.webp
    Coin Cube full.webp
    188.9 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0
Cool dalek Jim :icon_thumleft:.

hammered
 
That's sharp. It will look great on coin sorting table/desk. Rub it for luck before you open your next batch.
 
That would look good on an assistant principal's desk :laughing9:

Now that is cool (showing my age)

apush :read2:
 
It is really nice looking and I think its the perfect find for a hard core CRH. I see they go for $25 to $50 on ebay. It has a 1954 half, 1945s dime, 1942 quarter, 1947 cent and a 1939 nickel. Shall I add this to my July CRH totals? ;D

Maine_Jim
 
maine_Jim said:
It is really nice looking and I think its the perfect find for a hard core CRH. I see they go for $25 to $50 on ebay. It has a 1954 half, 1945s dime, 1942 quarter, 1947 cent and a 1939 nickel. Shall I add this to my July CRH totals? ;D

Maine_Jim

By all means! :icon_thumright:
 
grab the "dr who" series 2 dalek sec * toy --fast
 
Exterminate! Exterminate!

That is for Doctor Who fans only. Can you identify the two doctors riding on the moose? I am in Maine ;D

Maine_Jim
 
maine_Jim said:
Exterminate! Exterminate!

That is for Doctor Who fans only. Can you identify the two doctors riding on the moose? I am in Maine ;D

Maine_Jim
Aw Jim, you beat me to it. :notworthy:
 
The one without the hat I believe is David Tennant. The one with hat should be Christopher Eccleston.
 
Yes - it was free. We have a place in our town where people dump their unwanted books and anyone can take them. While dumping some books I had left over from a yard sale I saw the coin cube sitting in a box. Sure surprised me. I am always checking for coin books in this place and have a nice collection. Usually it is the estate cleanups that bring the best stuff but just like CRH the competition is heavy and there are book dealers who stop in every day.

Also correct on the Doctors! :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim
 
Here's one I found no silver just 1974 cents
 

Attachments

  • 1974 001.webp
    1974 001.webp
    21 KB · Views: 430
My dad had one of those he bought back in the 70s it had 5 silver dimes in it, moms still got it somewhere. Thanks for the memories :icon_sunny:
 
i have 3 similar items:
a tower w/ all coins including half dollar, but no dollar coin
a dome shaped paper weight, with a buncha uncirc. 1974's
and an hourglass made out of the same glassyish like stuff, w/ 3 new looking pennies in it, one of them being a wheat.
if anyone wants pics, id by happy to put them up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom